Funder: NSW – Department of Environment & Heritage
Grant Background: The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grant aim to:
- improve identification, protection, knowledge and understanding of the State’s heritage
- assist owners and custodians with the conservation and activation of items of State and local heritage significance and Aboriginal Places
- encourage promotion, celebration and cultural participation of the State’s heritage
- increase resilience in NSW: recovery from and preparedness for disasters
- stimulate the economy.
Aboriginal Cultural Heritage provide funding for:
- Improving knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultural heritage by developingheritage management documents for declared Aboriginal Places or, items listed on the State Heritage Register
- Conserving and protecting declared Aboriginal Places and items of Aboriginal cultural heritage that are listed on the State Heritage Register through heritage works projectswhere the works are:
- outlined in a heritage management document or
- address climate change or disaster recovery and preparedness
- Remediating damage and improving resilience to disasters at other sites of Aboriginal significance that have been adversely affected by natural disasters through targeted heritage works projects
- Increasing understanding, respect, and celebration of Aboriginal cultural heritage through cultural participation projects.
$ Available: Up to $70 000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be:
- an Aboriginal organisation, Aboriginal Corporation or Aboriginal Community Group, or
- if applying as an individual, consultant, organisation, or Local government organisation, have the demonstrated support of an Aboriginal organisation, Aboriginal Corporation or Aboriginal Community organisation or group
Applicants must also be located in NSW or working with Aboriginal communities in NSW.
If applying for an activity that relates to a specific item or place, you must also:
- have legal responsibility for maintenance and repair of the site and/or the written consent of the landholder/owner.
Key Dates: Closes 8 February 2021
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#heritage #aboriginalculture #indigenousheritage #connectiontoCountry