Funder: NSW – Rural Assistance Authority
Grant Background: The Animal Welfare Transport Subsidy provides primary producers with a subsidy to help with the freight costs to transport stock whose welfare is at risk.
The subsidy is available if:
- animals are at significant risk
- there is little or no feed and / or water available, including both pasture and stored fodder
- animals leave the farming enterprise permanently
- the enterprise demonstrates a significant financial need
Subsidies of up to 50% of the total freight cost are available per farm enterprise per financial year.
$ Available: up to $20 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be:
- the owner and / or operator of a farm business in NSW
- operating as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company, trading agricultural products
- registered with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a primary producer and have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- claiming in relation to farmed animals appearing on the most recent Land and Stock Return
- earning more than 50% of gross income from the farm under normal seasonal conditions
Key Dates: Applications can be made at any time.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#agriculture #ruralassistance #droughtrelief #transportsubsidy #droughtmanagement