Funder: Federal – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Grant Background: The Australia-India Council (AIC) seeks to advance Australia’s foreign and trade policy interests by building awareness and understanding between the peoples and institutions of Australia and India.
The objectives of the AIC 2020 Grant Program are:
- support continuity in people-to-people and institutional engagement between Australia and India during and following the COVID-19 pandemic, when restrictions on travel and social distancing will limit opportunities for face-to-face engagement and inward and outbound visits. In this context, the round will target online and other activities or forms of engagement that help bring people together through virtual means and build cross-cultural linkages, but do not require travel and are consistent with government restrictions in response to COVID-19. The round will also prioritise applications that directly contribute to the priority needs of India during and immediately following the COVID-19 pandemic;
- raise awareness of Australia in India, and of India in Australia, in a way that encourages further growth in relations between the two countries, including in the trade and investment relationship;
- promote exchange and collaboration between Australian and Indian organisations in fields of relevance to the bilateral economic partnership;
- deliver high quality programs that demonstrate Australia’s economic credentials and technical excellence to influential audiences in India;
- seek community involvement in, and private sector support for Australian engagement with India including by encouraging corporate investment in collaborations that advance Australia-India relations; and
- promote examples of a successful bilateral relationship.
$ Available: Up to $150 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or Indigenous Corporation Number (ICN);
- an Australian consortium with a lead organisation;
- an Australian registered charity or not-for-profit organisation;
- an Australian local government body;
- an Australian State/Territory government body;
- a corporate Commonwealth entity;
- an Australian statutory authority;
- an Australian or permanent resident of Australia; and
- willing to provide or comply with child protection guidelines for your project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
Applications from consortia are acceptable.
Key Dates: Closes 18 January 2021.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#partnerships #mutualunderstanding #tradeandinvestment #collaboration #sharedinterests #strategicpartners