Funder: NSW Rural Doctors & CWA
Grant Background: The NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) Bush Bursaries and Country Women’s Association (CWA) Scholarships provide selected medical, midwifery and nursing students in NSW/ACT with $1,500 each to assist with costs associated with their studies. Recipients also spend two weeks on a rural placement in country NSW during their university holidays. The placement combines the enjoyable aspects of country life and rural medicine.
Placements are coordinated by the rural Councils. Placement locations may differ each year due to the involvement of different Councils.
The two-week placements are usually undertaken in December or January.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- an interest in rural practice and lifestyle;
- an understanding of the realities of rural medical practice; and
- the motivation to undertake a placement in a rural area as part of the scheme.
$ Available: $1500.00 per scholarship.
Eligibility: Rural and urban students are eligible to apply for the bursaries and scholarships.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a NSW or ACT university in a:
- first or second year medical degree; or
- any year nursing degree; or
- any year midwifery degree.
- Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Applicants must have completed all university study requirements at the time of application and demonstrate this by provision of proof of enrollment.
Key Dates: closes 27 May 2019.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#scholarships #ruralandregional #bursaries #medical #midwifery