Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Business Research and Innovation Initiative occurs in 3 stages.
Stage 1 – challenge selection
The Minister for Industry, Science and Technology approved the following 5 challenges for the Priority Sectors Round:
- Revolutionising agricultural spray applications
- Turning farm crops into a renewable hydrogen source
- Turning office trash into energy treasure
- Counting fish using advanced technologies
- Automating the detection of whales at sea.
Stage 2 – feasibility study
They ask for applications from eligible entities to undertake a feasibility study that responds to one of the current key government challenges.
Stage 3 – proof of concept
If your study shows that your idea is feasible, you can apply to develop a proof of concept. Only applicants who complete feasibility studies can apply for proof of concept funding. The maximum grant amount is $1 million with a maximum period of 18 months. For each round there is $10 million available for all proof of concepts.
$ Available: Up to $100 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- have a turnover of less than $20 million for each of the last three years including any related bodies corporate, OR, if the entity is controlled by an Australian university or public sector research organisation, have an individual turnover of less than $20 Million for the last three years.
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an individual or partnership, provided you agree to form a company incorporated in Australia to enter into a grant agreement.
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Key Dates: Closes 10 September 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#partnerships #research #innovation #collaboration #feasibility #strategicpartners #proofofconcept