Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: The Child and Youth Health grant opportunity was announced as part of the launch of the National Action Plan for the Health of Children and Young People 2020-2030 (the Action Plan).
The Action Plan provides a roadmap to improve the health and wellbeing of all Australian children and young people. It is intended to guide collaborative approaches under the following priority areas:
- improving health equity across populations;
2. empowering parents and caregivers to maximise healthy development;
3. tackling mental health and risky behaviours;
4. addressing chronic conditions and preventive health; and
5. strengthening the workforce.
There is a total of $2 million over four years from 2019-20 for the Child and Youth Health Grant Opportunity, covering two parts:
- Part A: Program implementation ($1.5 million over four years from 2019-20); and
- Part B: Health professionals’ education and awareness-raising activities ($0.5 million over four years from 2019-20).