Funder: NSW – Planning, Industry, Environment
Grant Background: The aim of the Community Litter Grant program is to help deliver the NSW Government target to reduce litter by 40% by 2020. All funded projects must include direct community leadership and participation in the development of litter prevention activities.
Grant funding is available in two streams:
Stream 1: On-Ground litter prevention projects
- For groups who want to act on a locally identified litter issue at one or more locations
- Projects in this stream will use proven methods of litter prevention to support the motivation of the community group to reduce litter.
Stream 2: Own It and Act partnership projects
- Projects in this stream will be longer-term strategic state or regional litter prevention initiatives that may not be site-specific.
- Projects must demonstrate how they build leadership and capacity of community groups to deliver ongoing litter prevention outcomes.
- Projects in this stream must align with and support the Own It and Actstrategic framework developed by the DPIE Litter Prevention Unit.