Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: The Future Drought Fund: Networks to Build Drought Resilience Program will:
- improve community connectedness and collaboration through building community network members’ skills and social network diversity and sharing of learnings amongst agriculture dependent communities
- increase social networking, support and engagement and wellbeing and reduce social isolation through increasing participation in community networking events/conferences, stimulating higher rates of innovation in the local economy and the agricultural sector over time
- improve community networks access to risk management information and training, increasing the capacity of community networks to participate in regional drought resilience planning
- increase community economic development and diversification opportunities to improve access to meeting places and facilities, reducing social isolation and improving community wellbeing over time
- deliver small scale projects, such as improving meeting places for the network members, that assist the management of the network, and community facilities that support community drought resilience.
$ Available: Up to $3.75million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be a legal entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), have an account with an Australian financial institution and be capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable Agreement with the Commonwealth. For example:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation, council or incorporated association
- Incorporated Association
- Sole Trader
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust.
Consortia applications are eligible to apply,
Key Dates: Closes on 25 September 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#resilience #droughtrecovery #networks #communityconnectedness #collaboration #agriculture