Funder: NSW – Sport
Grant Background: The Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund has been established by the NSW Government to create spaces and places that enable communities to participate in sport at all levels. The fund will invest in new and existing facilities to improve the quality and quantity of sports infrastructure across Greater Sydney.
The main objective of the Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund is to ensure funding is allocated to those sporting facilities that deliver the best outcomes for the communities they support.
The aim is to ensure that the right investments in community sport facilities are made and that the best value possible is achieved.
The overall program objectives are to:
- Increase the number and type of sport facilities
- Improve the standard of existing sport facilities
- Increase participation in sport.
$ Available: The Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund will provide grants between $500,000 and $5 million for sport facility projects. For projects worth more than $1 million a 25 percent financial co-contribution of the grant amount requested will be required.
Eligibility: Funding is available for projects in all 33 Greater Sydney local government areas, from eligible applicants. Eligible applicants are:
- 33 local government authorities in Greater Sydney;
- NSW state sporting organisations or the national sporting organisation where the state body is part of a unitary governance model;
- Incorporated, community-based, not-for-profit sporting organisations (clubs and associations whose primary purpose is to organise sporting activities/deliver sport programs) and organisations providing sport and recreation programs that benefit the community, such as PCYCs, YMCA and YWCA;
- Organisations that own and administer public parklands; and
- Private enterprises.
Project applications involving partnerships of eligible groups are encouraged.
Key Dates: closes on 20 September 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#sports #sportsfacilities #greatersydney #healthandfitness