Funder: Create NSW
Grant Background: The Music Now Contemporary Live Music Funding program will invest in a program of activities, events or performances that support NSW musicians to present new work and increase participation in live music events across NSW.
The Fund objectives are to:
• Encourage NSW venues to program more live music events
• Increase audience participation in live music events
• Support the presentation of original musical work by NSW musicians
• Increase paid employment opportunities for artists; and
• Increase the sustainability of the contemporary music sector
Examples of funding opportunities could include, but are not limited to:
• a series of public presentation opportunities for independent musicians.
• a series of outdoor live music events or a festival.
• a program of club nights for emerging hip hop/experimental/electronic musicians.
$ Available: Up to $40,000 is available for a one-off, series or an annual program of live music events held in NSW.
Eligibility: Who can apply:
- Venues (including pubs and clubs), promoters, or a collective of musicians.
- Organisations already in receipt of program funding from Create NSW are eligible to apply, however, the project must sit outside their core activities.
- For-profit organisations are eligible to apply if the activity takes place on a break-even basis.
Key Dates: closes 14 March 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#livemusic #newmusic #contemporarymusic #independentmusic #musicfestivals