Funder: NSW – Generations Fund
Grant Background: My Community Project is a new initiative by the NSW Government to improve the wellbeing of people and communities in NSW. By having the ability to propose and vote on local projects, the people of NSW are given the opportunity to determine how to strengthen and improve their communities.
Anyone aged 16 years or over is encouraged to get involved in My Community Project by:
- proposing a community project with the support of a sponsor to deliver the project
- voting for their preferred projects in their electorate to make their community an even better place to live.
Projects must align with one or more of the following program categories:
- Accessible communities: The project will make everyday life more inclusive for all community members. This aims to increase mobility and accessibility in communities.
- Cultural communities: The project will add to the cultural and artistic life of the community. This aims to increase opportunities for residents to participate in arts and cultural activities.
- Healthy communities: The project will support the community’s physical and mental wellbeing by enabling healthy and active lifestyles.
- Liveable communities: The project will improve local amenity and the local environment.
- Revitalising communities: The project will foster stronger community bonds, and encourage social engagement and participation in public programs. This category aims to increase satisfaction with community facilities.
- Safe communities: The project will promote a safe and secure community where people can participate and enjoy the benefits of community life.
While projects may fit within multiple categories, applicants only need to select the category that best represents their project idea.
$ Available: up to $200 000.00.
Eligibility: All project sponsors must be incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or other organisations that have a public purpose and carry out activities in the NSW state electorate where the project is located. They must also hold an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), or be registered under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 and have a minimum public liability insurance cover of $5 million.
Sponsors may include (but are not limited to):
- charitable organisations
- incorporated associations
- local councils
- Aboriginal Land Councils
- educational institutions such as schools, TAFEs and universities.
Key Dates: closes 15 May 2019.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#liveability #communityprojects #communitywellbeing #strengtheningcommunity