Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: The National Palliative Care Projects are intended to improve the quality of palliative care service delivery in Australia.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to support nationally focussed projects for the target population groups that:
* Improve the quality of and access to palliative care service skill development for service providers;
* Improve the quality of palliative care service delivery in community and acute care settings;
* Strengthen understanding and increase uptake of advance care planning;
* Improve knowledge and community awareness of palliative care; and
* Improve the collation and dissemination of palliative care information across the sector.
Under this grant opportunity, funding is available for national projects that target specific population groups who have recognised limited access to palliative care.
Targeted populations may include but are not limited to the following under-served populations:
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
* People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Intersex (LGBTI)
* People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
* People who are experiencing homelessness
* People who are incarcerated
* People living with a disability
* People who are living in Australia with Refugee status
* Care leavers (including Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and Stolen Generations) and those affected by forced adoption.
$ Available: up to $1.2million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be able to deliver the proposed activity nationally
and be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company incorporated by guarantee
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an incorporated association
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian state or territory government body
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
Key Dates: closes 8 August 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#palliativecare #information #accessandequity #communityeducation