Funder: Federal – Attorney General
Grant Background: The Australian Government is inviting applications via an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Indigenous Legal and Native Title Assistance Program, across Australia from 2019-20 to 2021-22.
The key focus of this funding is to increase native title anthropology capacity by assisting mid to senior anthropologists to become ‘exemplary’ anthropologists. This facilitates native title parties having access to qualified and experienced anthropologists, to support the resolution of native title claims and the effective management of native title.
The program objective will be achieved through grants to promote collaboration amongst this specialist sector, including delivery of targeted training and professional development and increasing the expertise of those working in native title anthropology.
The intended outcomes of the program has three priorities:
- Professional development and support for native title anthropologists working in the native title sector, particularly mid to senior level native title anthropologists.
- Stronger linkages between academic and applied anthropological work, particularly for mid to senior native title anthropologists.
- Supporting mid to senior level native title anthropologists to continue to develop their technical skills through access to higher education courses.
$ Available: Funding of up to $ 322 000 is available.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, you must be one of the entity types, listed below:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- International Entity
- Sole Trader
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- Unincorporated Association
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above.
Key Dates: closes on 2 May 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#nativetitle #anthropology #collaboration #professionaldevelopment