Funder: Federal – Infrastructure
Grant Background: The Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program will enhance the safety and accessibility of aerodromes in remote and very remote areas of Australia, providing year round all weather access that will:
- improve the safety of aircraft, operators and passengers using remote and very remote airstrips
- facilitate improved delivery of essential goods and services such as food supplies, health care, community mail and passenger air services
- complement air services delivery to communities subsidised under the Australian Government’s Remote Aviation Access Program (RAAP) through the Remote Air Services Subsidy (RASS) Scheme, and/or
- meet operational requirements of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) or operators providing similar aeromedical services.
$ Available: The maximum grant amount is $3 million, however it is expected that most grants will not exceed $1.5 million. The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage), unless
- you are an Indigenous Owned and/or Operated Aerodrome. In this case the grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs
- you and a third party are both contributing to eligible project costs. In this case the grant amount will be up to 33.3 per cent of eligible project costs.
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an owner and/or operator of an existing aerodrome in a remote or very remote area in Australia
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in appendix A
- an Australian State/Territory Government agency or body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006(Cth).
State agencies or other eligible entities may apply on behalf of aerodrome owners/operators.
Key Dates: closes 12 November 2019.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#airstrips #ruralandregional #runways #flight #remotetransport