Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: The 2019 Rural, Regional and Remote Clinical Trial Enabling Infrastructure grant opportunity focuses on new and innovative approaches to enhancing and improving clinical trial infrastructure (including facilities, research equipment, systems and services) – by extending existing or providing new clinical trials into rural, regional and remote areas.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are:
- improved facilities, equipment, services and systems in rural, regional and remote Australia
- improved quality of care and health outcomes for patients through quicker and easier access to medical treatments, drugs, therapies and devices, through participation in clinical trials
- reduced burden, costs and risks for patients and their families related to clinical trial participation
- increased research capacity, including linkages, leveraging and enhancements of existing local and national structures, organisations, facilities and/or workforce, with flow-on effects to broader health services.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is improved access to clinical trials by Australians living in rural, regional and remote areas of Australia.
$ Available: Up to $100 000 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with sections 20 and 24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
Key Dates: closes 3 March 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#clinicaltrials #research #healthbarriers #ruralandremote #healthoutcomes #distancebarriers #accessandequity