Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: The Strengthening Rural Communities (SRC) program aims to give the thousands of small rural, regional and remote communities across Australia an opportunity to access funding to support broad community needs. Given the events of summer 2019/20, it has also been expanded to offer funding to support recovery in bushfire-affected communities.
The program criteria are deliberately flexible, and designed to be able to help communities address different needs and opportunities, as and when they emerge.
A broad range of charitable projects are considered under this program, including:
- Delivering, or providing activities, events, programs and services;
- Purchasing or hiring equipment and materials;
- Community infrastructure projects;
- Organisational capacity building;
- Community resource development.
$ Available: up to $25 000.00.
Eligibility: To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant organisations must be a not-for-profit, community-based organisation with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate;
- Project must offer clear public benefit (i.e. has a charitable purpose);
- Organisations with or without DGR endorsement are eligible;
- Organisations can submit one application per grant round;
- For Bushfire Recovery Stream, applicants must be in a declared fire-affected area;
- Applicants must be in a rural, regional or remote area (defined as outside ‘Major Cities of Australia/ Code RA1’ of the 2016 Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC)).
Key Dates: Applications close 25 August 2020.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#communityresilience #capacitybuilding #environmentalsustainability #culturalvibrancy #lifelonglearning #events #socialwellbeing