Funder: Federal – Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Grant Background: The Supporting Younger Veterans program aims to foster the ability of ex-service organisations (ESOs) and non ex-service organisations to support the needs of younger veterans as they transition out of the Australian Defence Force (ADF), establish themselves into civilian life, and manage the challenges their ADF service presents through different stages of their civilian life.
In the 2019-20 funding round the priority is on activities that support the development of well-researched and tailored services for the younger veterans’ community, with a particular focus on services supporting those at risk of experiencing poor mental health.
$ Available: There is no minimum or maximum dollar amount for this grant.
Eligibility: To be eligible for an SYV grant, you must be:
- an Ex-Service Organisation (ESO) that specifically provides support and services to members of the younger veterans’ community; and/or are adapting their business model to focus on this cohort
- a non-ESO (an organisation external to the ESO community) operating as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust that includes an ESO
- a non-ESO in a partnership or consortia arrangement with at least one ESO that directly provides support and services to members of the younger veterans’ community
- one of the legal entity types listed below
Eligible legal entity types
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, you must also be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
Additional eligibility requirements may apply.
Key Dates: closes 1 October 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#veterans #mentalhealth #youngvets #veteranswelfare #defence