Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: The Tackling Tough Times Together (TTTT) program gives drought-affected communities across remote, rural and regional Australia the opportunity to access funds that benefit their immediate and long-term needs. Grants are available for grassroots, community-led initiatives that directly benefit local communities, with the objective of the program being to help drought-affected communities.
Applications received must address at least one of the following Program Objectives:
- Reduce social isolationby facilitating strong social cohesion and connection;
- Support and engage the community in leadership development and skills training;
- Support opportunities for social and educational participation and address disadvantagecaused by the drought, for children and young people;
- Reduce volunteer fatigue and build the capacity, capability and sustainability of local not-for-profit organisations to provide support to their communities, particularly where they are playing an increased role during the drought; and
- Support local economic recovery or renewal through projects that stimulate economic activity and cash-flow within communities.