Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Boosting Female Founders Initiative program will provide targeted support on a co-contribution basis to female founders of startup businesses to launch and scale their businesses into domestic and global markets.
The objectives of the program are to:
- stimulate private sector investments into innovative startups led by women
- help female entrepreneurs overcome the disadvantages they face in getting access to finance and support to grow their startups
- enable female founders to scale-up, expand into domestic and global markets, and become self-sufficient
- boost the economy through increasing the diversity of startup founders.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increased number of startups founded by women
- new products and services are brought to market by startups founded by women
- increased financial investment in startups founded by women
- women improve their earning potential through entrepreneurship
- increased job creation and economic growth.