Funder: NSW – Department of Primary Industries, Rural Assistance Authority
Grant Background: As part of the NSW Government’s Drought Strategy, a Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program has been developed to support farm business in all conditions, but particularly in relation to preparing for and responding to drought.
The Farm Business Skills – Professional Development Program will provide:
- the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills to build improved resilience and adaptability in the agricultural business.
- exposure to new ideas, tools and techniques that businesses can use.
- a range of products and services that engage the wide diversity of skills, knowledge and experience within the agricultural business sector.
- a focus on building the skills and knowledge of agricultural businesses to manage risk, financial and business planning or decision making capacity.
Approved participants are able to claim reimbursement of costs (up to 50% of eligible costs, exclusive of GST) upon completion of the course/activity.
Three professional development priority areas have been identified:
- Risk management
- Financial and business management
- Farm business planning/drought preparedness.