Funder: NSW – Department of Environment & Heritage and Department of Local Government
Grant Background: This partnership program between LGNSW and the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) provides funding to address identified climate change risks and vulnerabilities facing NSW councils.
The Increasing Resilience to Climate Change program has been established to encourage:
- Implementation of actions to address identified climate risks
- Regional consideration of climate change impacts in decision making
- Implementation of climate change adaptation actions beyond business as usual projects and programs
- Enhanced adaptive capacity.
The Climate Change Fund is providing $1,100,000 of funding in Round 1 for projects delivered within 2 years.
- Individual projects: Grants between $30 000 to $120 000 are available to individual councils.
- Regional projects: Grant between $50 000 to $300 000 are available for regional projects to coordinate adaptation projects across a number of councils.