Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: The purpose of the grant opportunity is to enable the development and provision of pain management training and educational resources for medical practitioners, to more effectively deliver pain management care. This will allow better coordination of treatment and management for people living with chronic pain.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to support the recommended activities from the Action Plan. These include:
- Expand pain management training opportunities for health practitioners – licensing health practitioners to complete the full Faculty of Pain Medicine Better Pain Management Program, or greater access for more practitioners to selected modules of relevance.
- Develop a six-month workplace-based certificate in clinical pain medicine for GPs and other interested health professionals.
- Create a public database of health practitioners who have completed pain management training courses (interactive website).
- Develop specific materials and engagement activities to provide prescribers with guidance on the quality use of medications.
- Develop a ‘train the trainer’ model for Residential Aged Care providers and distribute and disseminate the existing guidance and management strategy documents.