Funder: Federal – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Grant Background: The Australia-India Council (AIC) seeks to advance Australia’s foreign and trade policy interests by building awareness and understanding between the peoples and institutions of Australia and India.
The objectives of the AIC 2020 Grant Program are:
- support continuity in people-to-people and institutional engagement between Australia and India during and following the COVID-19 pandemic, when restrictions on travel and social distancing will limit opportunities for face-to-face engagement and inward and outbound visits. In this context, the round will target online and other activities or forms of engagement that help bring people together through virtual means and build cross-cultural linkages, but do not require travel and are consistent with government restrictions in response to COVID-19. The round will also prioritise applications that directly contribute to the priority needs of India during and immediately following the COVID-19 pandemic;
- raise awareness of Australia in India, and of India in Australia, in a way that encourages further growth in relations between the two countries, including in the trade and investment relationship;
- promote exchange and collaboration between Australian and Indian organisations in fields of relevance to the bilateral economic partnership;
- deliver high quality programs that demonstrate Australia’s economic credentials and technical excellence to influential audiences in India;
- seek community involvement in, and private sector support for Australian engagement with India including by encouraging corporate investment in collaborations that advance Australia-India relations; and
- promote examples of a successful bilateral relationship.