Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Business Research and Innovation Initiative occurs in 3 stages.
Stage 1 – challenge selection
The Minister for Industry, Science and Technology approved the following 5 challenges for the Priority Sectors Round:
- Revolutionising agricultural spray applications
- Turning farm crops into a renewable hydrogen source
- Turning office trash into energy treasure
- Counting fish using advanced technologies
- Automating the detection of whales at sea.
Stage 2 – feasibility study
They ask for applications from eligible entities to undertake a feasibility study that responds to one of the current key government challenges.
Stage 3 – proof of concept
If your study shows that your idea is feasible, you can apply to develop a proof of concept. Only applicants who complete feasibility studies can apply for proof of concept funding. The maximum grant amount is $1 million with a maximum period of 18 months. For each round there is $10 million available for all proof of concepts.