Funder: NSW – Primary Industry
Grant Background: The Young Farmer Business Program is making grants of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) available to eligible groups across NSW. It will provide grants to groups who support young farmers and fishers to undertake training related to business and leadership development.
Activities should be targeting at least one of the following outcomes for young farmers and fishers:
- knowledge and skills to improve social and business resilience;
- knowledge and skills to manage risk;
- knowledge and skills to execute effective plans;
- knowledge and skills to make decisions that ensure the viability of their agricultural/fishing businesses;
- access to new business ideas, tools and techniques; AND/OR
- connect to other farmers/fishers and opportunities that enable entry and/or expansion of agricultural/fishing businesses;
What can we use the money for?
- All costs associated with organising a project for young farmers or fishers to undertake activities related to business and leadership development.
- Examples of projects include (but are not limited to) farm tours, commercial fishing business tours, workshops, events, business skills coaching, training, guest speakers.