Funder: Federal – Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Grant Background: The Veteran and Community Grants (V&CG) program offers opportunities for both the veteran and broader community to participate in, and benefit from, projects that support healthy lifestyles, enhance quality of life and assist veterans and war widows/widowers to remain in their own homes as long as possible.
The objective of the Veteran and Community Grants Program is to maintain and improve the independence and quality of life for members of the veteran community by providing funding for projects that support activities and services to sustain or enhance health and well-being.
The V&CG is intended to:
- promote and enhance healthy lifestyles, particularly physical activity and mental well-being;
- support quality independent living at home;
- encourage involvement in community activities;
- reduce social isolation;
- encourage supportive and safe communities;
- increase access to community services;
- address gaps in local services;
- support carers;
- increase nutrition;
- increase social connectedness; and
- increase mental wellness.
$ Available: up to $50 000.
Eligibility: This grant is open to ex-service organisations, veteran representative groups and other organisations. An applicant must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation.
- Incorporated Association.
- Statutory Entity.
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust.
- Unincorporated Association.
Key Dates: closes 28 February 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#veterans #community #healthylifestyles #socilalconnectedness #mentalhealth