Funder: AgriFutures Australia
Grant Background: The AgriFutures Emerging Industries Program is calling for applications from emerging rural industries to partner with AgriFutures Australia to increase the production capacity and value of their industry. Applicants should be aiming to grow their industry by applying research, development and extension (RD&E) to overcome technical, market, supply chain and biological constraints.
AgriFutures Emerging Industries Program is dedicated to identifying and supporting the development of new and emerging rural industries that can meet changing demand and make a valuable economic, social and environmental contribution to Australia. RD&E investment has a clear goal to identify and support the emergence of agricultural industries that can reach or exceed a target of $10 million per annum threshold within five years.
$ Available: Up to $500 000.00 per project.
Eligibility: To check if you are eligible, I recommend you watch the grant webinar which can be found on the link below. What is NOT eligible includes:
- Applications that are not supported by an industry RD&E Plan – where a strategy or plan is not available the application should include preparing an RD&E Plan.
- Applications that exceed the guideline funding and project time limits.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum co-contribution requirements.
- Applications that lack a commercial focus (e.g. research proposals and/or travel awards that do not demonstrate clear linkages to industry needs or growth opportunities).
- Applications without a detailed description of the proposed methodology to achieve the project outcomes.
- Applications that do not:
- Clearly demonstrate progression from earlier research; and/or
- Recognise R&D of a similar nature.
- Applications that do not contain a comprehensive project plan addressing the industry constraint or opportunity.
- Applications where industry benefit is not clear (e.g. proposals that benefit a single entity rather than an industry).
- Applications that do not clearly articulate who the project outcomes will be delivered to within the emerging industry.
- Applications that include project teams with members that will be actively involved in project activities.
Key Dates: Closes on 18 December 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#researchandevelopment #emergingindustries #agriculture #agribusiness #aginnovation #productioncapacity