Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: The Biosecurity Business Grants program is to provide funding which supports Indigenous businesses and not-for-profits to develop business opportunities relating to biosecurity in northern Australia and the Torres Strait.
The objective of the program is to encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in northern Australia to view biosecurity as a business opportunity through the development of innovative business ideas.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- increase biosecurity capability including awareness, surveillance and response in northern Australia
- increase economic opportunities for Indigenous communities.
$ Available: Up to $880 000.00.
Eligibility: Grants will be available to existing or new Indigenous businesses (or other organisations working closely with Indigenous communities) to develop business, feasibility or marketing plans and/or to fund innovative business opportunities that capitalise on biosecurity.
To be eligible, applicants must be a legal entity and have full legal capacity to enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth.
Applicants must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person or an Indigenous organisation or
- another legal entity (such as a not for profit organisation, registered charity or publicly funded research organisation) working with Indigenous people to deliver economic/business opportunities to Indigenous people, demonstrated by providing evidence of:
- past experience working with Indigenous people
- consultation with and support from relevant Indigenous organisations or communities.
Key Dates: Closes 13 April 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#biosecurity #indigenousbusiness #businessinnovation #ATSI #aboriginalcommunities