Funder: Food Innovation Australia Ltd (FIAL)
Grant Background: The Black Summer Innovation Program (BSIP) is a fund provided by FIAL designed to help small and medium businesses, who have been affected by events of national natural catastrophe or global diseases outbreaks (in 2019 or 2020). Funding is designed to support these businesses innovate to create commercial products, processes or services.
Grants of up to $25,000 are available to Australian food and agribusinesses geographically located in and affected by drought, flood, fire, African Swine Flu and coronavirus epidemic. Grants are to be used to support business, product or service innovations. No matched funding is required.
This fund aims to:
- Encourage existing food and agribusinesses to pivot post natural disaster to use innovation for future success.
- Access new and novel food processing, packaging and agricultural technologies.
- Engage experts across the sector to identify and implement the innovation opportunities.
$ Available: Up to $25 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Only food or agribusiness owners who were negatively affected by events of national natural catastrophe or global diseases outbreaks in 2019 or 2020 are eligible.
- Recipients are entitled to a single grant per affected business.
- Only Australian Registered companies with a minimum 12-month track record prior to the event, and a trading history in/supporting the agri-food sector can apply.
- This grant is only for business, product or service innovations, not recovery assistance.
- Part of the funding provided must go toward training or upskilling of staff. This training plan must be included in the application. Submissions without a training plan will be not considered.
- Applicants must attempt to commercial the innovation within 24 months of completion. As such a commercialisation plan must be included in the application, showing a clear path to market.
Key Dates: Closes 9 April 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#agriculture #newproducts #foodinnovation #agexports #commercialisation #pathtomarket #agribusiness #disasterrecovery #capacitybuilding