Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Boosting Female Founders Initiative program will provide targeted support on a co-contribution basis to female founders of startup businesses to launch and scale their businesses into domestic and global markets.
The objectives of the program are to:
- stimulate private sector investments into innovative startups led by women
- help female entrepreneurs overcome the disadvantages they face in getting access to finance and support to grow their startups
- enable female founders to scale-up, expand into domestic and global markets, and become self-sufficient
- boost the economy through increasing the diversity of startup founders.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increased number of startups founded by women
- new products and services are brought to market by startups founded by women
- increased financial investment in startups founded by women
- women improve their earning potential through entrepreneurship
- increased job creation and economic growth.
$ Available: Up to $480 000.00. The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs – unless you can meet additional requirements.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- be a female founded (majority owned and led by women) startup
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth)
- a partnership
- a sole trader.
In addition, they can only accept applications where you can:
- show evidence that your startup is a female founded (majority owned and led by women),
- provide evidence to support your source of funding (e.g. letter from contributor/s confirming funding amount)
- provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
Key Dates: Closes 14 April 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#femaleentrepreneur #businessstartups #export #businessscaleup #innovation #businessgrowth #womeninbusiness