Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: There are no known prevention measures for brain cancer and for some types of brain cancer, no effective treatments. It is widely recognised that the key to improvements in this area is investment in research.
The objective of the 2019 Brain Cancer Survivorship Grant Opportunity is:
- to support the development of better approaches to address the medical, functional and psychosocial impacts of brain cancer to improve quality of life and the survivorship experience.
Survivorship must be focused on children, adolescents and young adults, or adults with malignant brain cancer, their families or carers.
Areas of focus may include:
- medical, functional and psychosocial impacts of brain cancer – for example: cognitive, executive and memory impairment; fatigue; behavioural issues; seizures or toxicities of anticonvulsants; and fitness to drive
- impact on survivors, their families and carers – for example: anxiety and depression; and long-term impacts including economic impact
- efficacy of new or existing models of care and interventions, including the factors that contribute to success – for example: efficacy of new or existing models of care which involve nurse care coordinators, and components of the care model which contribute to success; and impact of rural and remote patient locality on effectiveness of survivorship clinics.
The intended outcomes of this grant opportunity are to develop:
- a better understanding of the effects and impact of symptoms on quality and quantity of life, independence, function and disability
- develop new care models that improve the experience of survivors, their families and carers.
$ Available: Up to $5 000 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with sections 20 and 24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity
Key Dates: closes 3 March 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#braincancer #research #modelsofcare #survivorship #healthoutcomes #qualityoflife #accessandequity