Funder: NSW – Legal Services
Grant Background: The Commonwealth Government has provided funding for legal assistance to NSW primary producers and small businesses dealing with legal issues relating to the 2019/2020 bushfires. Under the Scheme, private lawyers will have access to funding to provide legal services.
If you are an eligible small business owner or primary producer, your solicitor can apply for funding to assist you to resolve your legal matter arising from the 2019/20 bushfires, and for related expenses like expert reports. If you have more than one bushfire related legal problem your solicitor may receive separate funding for each problem.
The funding is available for legal issues including, but not limited to:
- Insurance disputes
- Commercial leases
- Contract disputes
- Planning and building law
- Local Government disputes
- Entitlements to government grants and schemes
- Credit and debt
- Fencing issues
- Property law
- Employment law issues for employers
$ Available: Up to $5,000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding under the scheme, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a primary producer or small business owner
- Your business or farm is in one of the designated LGAs.
- You have a legal issue arising from the 2019/2020 bushfire season in one of these LGAs.
- Your application must have merit. In assessing merit Legal Aid NSW must be satisfied that:
- It is likely that the funding will resolve your dispute, and
- You are committed to the early resolution of your dispute.
Key Dates: Closes – not stated.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#smallbusiness #legalaid #legalservices #bushfirerecovery #rebuild #disputeresolution #businessrecovery #legalassistance