Funder: NSW – Department of Environment & Heritage
Grant Background: The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grant aim to:
- improve identification, protection, knowledge and understanding of the State’s heritage
- assist owners and custodians with the conservation and activation of items of State and local heritage significance and Aboriginal Places
- encourage promotion, celebration and cultural participation of the State’s heritage
- increase resilience in NSW: recovery from and preparedness for disasters
- stimulate the economy.
Aboriginal Cultural Heritage provide funding for:
- Improving knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultural heritage by developingheritage management documents for declared Aboriginal Places or, items listed on the State Heritage Register
- Conserving and protecting declared Aboriginal Places and items of Aboriginal cultural heritage that are listed on the State Heritage Register through heritage works projectswhere the works are:
- outlined in a heritage management document or
- address climate change or disaster recovery and preparedness
- Remediating damage and improving resilience to disasters at other sites of Aboriginal significance that have been adversely affected by natural disasters through targeted heritage works projects
- Increasing understanding, respect, and celebration of Aboriginal cultural heritage through cultural participation projects.