Funder: NSW – Family & Community Services
Grant Background: The NSW Seniors Festival grants program encourages seniors in NSW to enjoy new experiences, continue learning, stay active and connect to their communities. The grants provide opportunities for people over 60, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people with a lifelong disability over the age of 50, to remain active and engaged in their local communities.
The grants program:
- supports a broad range of local community organisations
- supports programs and activities in regional NSW
- fosters partnerships with community groups and services
- provides programs and activities for diverse communities in NSW
- supports projects that empower older people to stay connected
- assists organisations to increase the capacity of current programs and activities.
Type of projects funded under this grant
- Programs offering access to expert advice, information, tools and resources
- Free samples of activities during the NSW Seniors Festival
- Opportunities to connect seniors with local organisations and services
- Outdoor and physically active workshops.