Funder: NSW – Environment Protection Authority
Grant Background: It is forecast that NSW will generate 3,000 – 10,000 tonnes per year of waste solar PV panels and battery storage systems by 2025, rising to 40,000 – 71,000 tonnes per year by 2035. To prepare for this emerging waste stream, the Circular solar grant program supports collaborative ‘whole-of-supply chain’ projects that trial managing end-of-life solar panels and/or battery systems within a circular economy framework.
Circular Solar Phase 2 program priorities:
- reduce solar panel and associated battery waste entering landfill in NSW
- promote circular economy models for managing waste at end-of-life
- increase the capability and capacity of industry to recover and reprocess end-of-life solar panels and associated large energy storage system batteries.
- improve the recyclability/reusability/refurbish potential by using high-value recovery and/or processing technologies
- develop secondary markets for resources recovered from solar panels and batteries
- update standards for reuse of solar panel and battery systems that are still functioning efficiently after being decommissioned
- grow cost-effective recovery logistic models
- partnerships that deliver end-to-end solutions across the whole supply chain
- create immediate and ongoing job creation and economic activity.
$ Available: Up to $1.1million.
Eligibility: Eligible bodies include: Business, not-for-profit organisations, councils, research institutions, government agencies and organisations.
Key Dates: EOIs close on 4 November 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#solarwaste #wasteprocessing #recycling #wastetreatment #sustainablemanagement #environmentalstewardship #solarpanels #batterystorage #recyclables