Funder: Australian Museums & Galleries Association
Grant Background: The Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program is a $3 million Australian Government program that aims to support community cultural, heritage and arts organisations in regional Australia as they recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
The CHART program promotes participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture through developing and supporting cultural expression and sharing stories of community and historical significance. Community-run arts and cultural organisations – including community museums, galleries, and historical societies – will benefit from CHART program funding. The program will support these organisations to continue to offer appealing cultural tourism experiences to visitors, which in turn will enhance local expenditure.
The intended outcomes of CHART program grants are to:
- Contribute to the reactivation and recovery of organisations from COVID-19, and to their ongoing sustainability, by providing grants for eligible activities
- Promote regional arts and cultural tourism by supporting the development of appealing cultural tourism experiences, including through the preservation of Australia’s cultural heritage and the telling of the stories of local communities and
- Support domestic intra- and inter-state tourism and local economies more broadly.
$ Available: Up to $3,000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a CHART program grant an applicant must:
• be a not-for-profit incorporated community organisation, local government or local government-owned entity and operate a community arts and/or cultural organisation or institution, such as a community museum, gallery or historical society
• be located in an Eligible Location or auspice an Eligible Activity in an Eligible Location
• have an Australian Business Number
• be registered for the purposes of GST
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
• not have any outstanding reports, acquittals or serious breaches relating to any Commonwealth funding
Key Dates: Open on an ongoing basis until all funds are expended or 29 April 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#tourism #regionalarts #heritage #ruralandregional #regionaltourism #culture #culturalheritage #equityandaccess #culturalexpression #museums #galleries #historicalsocieties.