Funder: Federal – Business
Grant Background: The extension of the Drought Communities Programme provides funding of $96 million in 2018-19 to Eligible Councils to deliver benefits to targeted drought-affected regions of Australia.
The program will support local community infrastructure and other drought relief projects for communities impacted by drought.
Funding will target infrastructure and other projects that:
- provide employment for people whose work opportunities have been impacted by drought
- stimulate local community spending
- use local resources, businesses and suppliers
- provide a long-lasting benefit to communities and the agricultural industries on which they depend.
$ Available: up to $1million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an Eligible Council, listed on business.gov.au and GrantConnect
- be invited to apply by the Minister
- They can only accept applications where it is submitted by the Chief Executive Officer of an Eligible Council or other council officer authorised to sign a grant agreement.
To be eligible your project must:
- be located in an Eligible Council area
- meet project requirements
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $25,000 per application in eligible expenditure
- be undertaken in the project period and completed by 30 June 2019. For the 15 Eligible Councils approved in March 2019, you must complete your project by 31 December 2019.
Key Dates: closes 30 June 2019.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#drought #communityinfrastructure #jobcreation #economicdevelopment