Funder: NSW – Energy
Grant Background: The Emerging Energy Program encourages private sector investment to support the next generation of large-scale electricity and storage projects in NSW.
The program is technology neutral and eligible projects must demonstrate that they can provide dispatchable or on-demand energy to help meet the State’s energy needs.
There are two funding streams to help speed up the development of projects to provide on-demand electricity now and into the future:
- Capital projects stream
- Funding to assist with the construction of a dispatchable electricity project.
- Anticipated grant funding of up to $10 million per project, as a guide.
- Pre-investment studies stream
- Funding for activities that will lead to development of a dispatchable electricity project.
- Anticipated grant funding of up to $500,000 per project, as a guide.
Project financial contributions are expected to at least match grant funding.
$ Available: up to $10million.
Eligibility: Applicants must demonstrate that they are planning to develop an electricity project that:
- is connected to the NSW National Electricity Market (NEM) region
- has a minimum project capacity of 5 MW alternating current (AC)
- meets the program’s definitions of emerging technology and dispatchable technology
- reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- is registered or intends to register with the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) under the National Electricity Rules or be capable of participating in AEMO’s central dispatch process
- would not have gone ahead in the near term without the support of the program
- is the subject of an application for grant funding under only one of the program application streams
- primarily involves activities that take place in Australia.
Key Dates: closes 2 April 2019
Link: CLICK HERE – https://energy.nsw.gov.au/renewables/clean-energy-initiatives/emerging-energy-program
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#emergingtechnology #energyinitiatves #innovation #nextgen