Funder: NSW – Central Tablelands Local Land Services
Grant Background: The Enhancing Stream Management project assists private land managers to improve the condition of streams to protect fish habitat for the endangered Blue Mountains Perch.
The Blue Mountains Perch is an endangered fish species that has significant genetic differences to the Macquarie Perch and could soon be classified as a separate species. They are distinctly smaller in size, have a darker colour and sometimes mottled appearance compared to the Macquarie Perch. Blue Mountains Perch populations are only found in streams at the most eastern edge of the Central Tablelands, within the Greater Blue Mountains area.
These fish populations and their habitat were significantly impacted by the 2019-20 Bushfires.
$ Available: Not stated.
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding you must meet the following criteria:
- your project site must be greater than 500 metres of stream length
- your project must be located on the Capertee River, Blackheath Creek or Coxs River (downstream of Jenolan Caves Road) within the Central Tablelands LLS region
- previous agreements with LLS or Catchment Management Authority must be completed
- outstanding LLS rates need to be paid
- you must have $20 million public liability insurance
- you must be able to complete all on-ground activities by 31 May 2022.
Key Dates: Closes on 10 September 2021. (I recommend you give them a call to check if this date is flexible).
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#streammanagement #bushfirerecovery #habitat #fishhabitat #landmanagers #naturalresources #endangeredspecies #bluemountains