Funder: NSW – Department of Primary Industries, Rural Assistance Authority
Grant Background: As part of the NSW Government’s Drought Strategy, a Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program has been developed to support farm business in all conditions, but particularly in relation to preparing for and responding to drought.
The Farm Business Skills – Professional Development Program will provide:
- the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills to build improved resilience and adaptability in the agricultural business.
- exposure to new ideas, tools and techniques that businesses can use.
- a range of products and services that engage the wide diversity of skills, knowledge and experience within the agricultural business sector.
- a focus on building the skills and knowledge of agricultural businesses to manage risk, financial and business planning or decision making capacity.
Approved participants are able to claim reimbursement of costs (up to 50% of eligible costs, exclusive of GST) upon completion of the course/activity.
Three professional development priority areas have been identified:
- Risk management
- Financial and business management
- Farm business planning/drought preparedness.
$ Available: A maximum reimbursement of $5,000 (covering all courses/activities over the life of the program) applies for any farmer with reimbursements capped at $9,000 per farm business.
Eligibility: Eligible participants are individuals involved in the management of a primary production enterprise. Eligible participants could be:
- The principal operator and spouse Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program Guidelines 5 Rural Assistance Authority, November 2015
- Family members
- Managers who are not family members
Eligible participants must provide a signed statutory declaration showing that 51% of their income is received from primary production. Participants must also show in the application evidence of their ability to contribute 50% of the total cost of the professional development activity. In-kind contribution can make up to 25% of the total costs and evidence will be required.
Key Dates: open until funds are exhausted.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your grant application. Good luck, Melanie
#agriculture #professionaldevelopment #strongfarms #farmbiz #farminnovation