Funder: NSW – Central Tablelands Local Land Services
Grant Background: Irrigators seeking to install diversion screening technology on irrigation pumps along the Upper Macquarie River system are encouraged to register an Expression of Interest for subsidies.
The Upper Macquarie River system provides habitat to a variety of native freshwater fish and other aquatic species, some of which are listed as threatened. Significant numbers of native fish are caught up every year in water extraction pumps along our rivers. These unnecessary losses can be reduced with the installation of fish friendly screens.
Landholders can apply for funding towards the installation of a fish screen to an existing pump site.
$ Available: Up to $10 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding you must meet the following criteria:
- you must have an active irrigation licence
- must be located on a named stream within the Upper Macquarie River system in the Central Tablelands NSW
- previous agreements with LLS or Catchment Management Authority must be completed
- outstanding LLS rates need to be paid
- you must have $10 million public liability insurance
- you must be able to complete all on-ground activities by 31 May 2021.
Key Dates: Closes on 12 November 2020.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#irrigation #threatenedspecies #nativefish #faunaprotection #landholders #naturalresources #fishfriendly