Funder: Federal – Home Affairs
Grant Background: The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program: Fostering Integration Grants in 2019-20.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to facilitate the participation, integration and social cohesion of both newly arrived migrants and culturally diverse communities in Australia by:
- encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civic life, and build community resilience
- promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
- promoting a greater understanding and acceptance of racial, religious and cultural diversity
- addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to contribute to an integrated and cohesive multicultural Australia where migrants:
- have capacity to communicate in English, the national language of Australia
- actively participate in Australian society through work, school, sport or other community activities
- embrace Australian values and abide by Australian laws
- are gainfully employed
- are resilient in times of crisis
- have social networks that cross ethnic and religious groups.
$ Available: from $5 000 up to $60 000.
Eligibility: Priority will be given to:
- small not-for-profit organisations who directly represent a specific culturally diverse community; and/or
- organisations who are strongly connected to the culturally diverse community and have a physical presence in that community.
Preferred organisations may include culturally diverse community-specific organisations or mainstream organisations who are strongly connected to the culturally diverse community and have a physical presence in that community.
Larger and well‑established organisations are eligible to apply but should consider:
- whether they have effective links with the target community to enable them to successfully deliver the project
- supporting or partnering with smaller organisations in their applications.
To be eligible you must be a not-for-profit organisation that is legally registered in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust.
Key Dates: closes 5 November 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#integration #communityproject #collaboration #multculturalAustralia #socialcohesion