Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: The intended outcomes of the Drought Resilience Leaders Project are to:
- design and deliver a drought resilience leadership course and a mentoring program that will develop the skills and capabilities of young and emerging leaders, and facilitate a culture of learning and knowledge sharing throughout agriculture dependent communities – building a national drought resilience leadership capability
- empower young and emerging leaders across a range of sectors (Indigenous Australians, women, agri-business, entrepreneurship, natural resource management and industry) to share and apply their skills and knowledge developed and acquired through the DRL Training Course with their community
- enable farmers (with demonstrated experience and capacity) as well as other drought and climate experts to share drought and climate resilience and adaptation skills and knowledge with their peers through mentoring (an informal learning program).
$ Available: Up to $7.45million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be a legal entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN), have an account with an Australian financial institution and be capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable Agreement with the Commonwealth. For example:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation, council or incorporated association
- Incorporated Association
- Sole Trader
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust.
Consortia applications are eligible to apply,
Key Dates: Closes on 25 September 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#resilience #droughtrecovery #ruralleaders #droughtrecovery #mentorship #agriculture