Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: The purpose of the grant opportunity is to increase the early detection of people at risk of heart disease and stroke. This will reduce avoidable hospital admissions and save lives. The objectives of the grant opportunity are to support key activities from the draft National Strategic Action Plan for Heart Disease and Stroke.
Activities can include:
- develop initiatives designed to identify and support groups at risk of heart disease and stroke;
- develop consumer awareness resources to improve identification and management of hypertension (high blood pressure) including adherence to medications;
- develop resources to support primary care health professionals on the management of hypertension, including quality measurement;
- develop consumer resources and a system of notification and recall to improve awareness of required health checks (including atrial fibrillation) for all Australians and tailored for priority populations;
- develop resources to support primary care health professionals to deliver better evidence-based early detection and to promote opportunistic point-of-care atrial fibrillation checks;
- obtain accreditation of training and education resources, where required and obtainable, by relevant professional bodies, for example the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
$ Available: Up to $1million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);be registered for the purposes of GST;
- be a permanent resident of Australia;
- have an account with an Australian financial institution; and
Be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia;
- a company incorporated by guarantee;
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust;
- an incorporated association;
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation; or
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation.
Key Dates: Closes 17 December 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#prevention #heartdisease #strokeprevention #healthrisks #consumerawareness