Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: In a Good Place is a national grants program funded that provides support for community-driven initiatives that reduce social isolation, increase social participation and connectedness, and encourage people in rural, regional and remote communities who are at risk of, or are experiencing, mental health issues to seek help.
There are three objectives for this program:
- Reduce social isolation;
- Increase social participation and connectedness;
- Increase help-seeking.
In a Good Place supports rural, regional and remote communities in their efforts to strengthen the mental health of at-risk and vulnerable members of their communities via projects, services or activities that are preventative or responsive in nature and which are designed to engage those less likely, unable due to distance and isolation, or ineligible to participate in mainstream mental health services.
$ Available: Up to $20,000.
Eligibility: Applications are invited from not-for-profit community-based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate. Preference will be given to projects that:
- Serve communities with populations under 10,000;
- Are run by and based in the beneficiary community/ies;
- Respond to specific population mental health and wellbeing issues within a local community;
- Are sustainable beyond the period of the grant;
- Can clearly measure and report on project outcomes.
Key Dates: closes 11 August 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#communityinitiative #socialparticipation #connectedness #ruralregionalremote #mentalhealth