Funder: Federal – Infrastructure
Grant Background: The overarching outcome of the Indigenous Languages and Arts (ILA) Program is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA Program supports three key outcomes:
- the empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to preserve and teach their culture through languages and arts
- a strong sense of cultural identity and wellbeing in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, which contributes to sustainable and strong communities
- celebration and increased recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and arts in the wider Australian community.
$ Available: Not stated.
Eligibility To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be one of the following entity types:
- a registered Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation
- an organisationestablished through specific Commonwealth or State or Territory legislation
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- a not-for-profit organisation
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation
- An Australian state, territory or local government body.
Key Dates: Closes 6 April 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#languageschool #communityproject #multicultural #diversity #language #indigenousart #indigenouslanguage