Funder: Federal – Infrastructure
Grant Background: The overarching outcome of the Indigenous Languages & Arts (ILA) Program is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA Program supports three key outcomes:
- the empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to preserve and teach their culture through languages and arts
- a strong sense of cultural identity and wellbeing in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, which contributes to sustainable and strong communities
- celebration and increased recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and arts in the wider Australian community
$ Available: No amounts are specified and are variable depending on the project duration.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- deliver an Indigenous led project, or a project that is co-designed between Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
be one of the following entity types:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- an organisationestablished through specific Commonwealth or State or Territory legislation
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- a not-for-profit organisation
- a partnership
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation
- An Australian state, territory or local government body
- have no overdue acquittals or serious breaches relating to Australian Government funding
- not be bankrupt or subject to insolvency proceedings.
Key Dates: Closes 30 June 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#culture #aboriginalart #indigenousart #arts #indigenouslanguages #culturalidentity #sustainablecommunities