Funder: Create NSW
Grant Background: Individual Arts Project funding supports innovation, vibrancy and creativity within the NSW arts and cultural sector. It aims to deliver a dynamic and diverse range of arts and cultural experiences to communities across NSW, contribute to the development of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector, and support the employment and development of professional NSW-based artists and arts/cultural workers.
Funding is available for a wide range of arts and cultural activity, including:
- the creative development and/or public presentation of work(s), for example, literary works, music, dance or theatre pieces
- commissioning professional artists – for example, a writer, composer, choreographer or visual artist – to develop a work for an event
- partnerships (including those with the non-arts sector) to develop arts and culture in a specific region, Priority Area or artform/discipline
- community collaborations involving professional artists, to develop skills, public performances, exhibitions or participatory events
- research and/or development of creative/cultural projects that develop new skills and/or engage with new ways of working including new approaches to museum practice, including curated shows and engagement strategies
- arts and cultural activities aimed at engaging young people, particularly students attending geographically and/or socio-economically disadvantaged schools
- extending an artist’s practice, audiences or markets, including skills exchanges for workers developing and deepening audience engagement with arts and culture.
$ Available: Up to $60,000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding, you must be:
- an Australian citizen or
- an Australian permanent resident or
- a group located in Australia with Australian citizenship and/or permanent resident members and
- a current resident of NSW
- a professional artist or arts/cultural worker (including museum workers) with:
- a commitment to arts and cultural work as a major aspect of their working life (even if this work is not the main source of your/their income) and
- a degree of training, experience or manner of working that allows your/their work to be assessed against the highest practiced standards in the relevant artform or discipline.
Key Dates: Closes 31 January 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#culture #dance #livemusic #arts #theatre #creativearts #music #collaboration #artsprojects #literature #choreography #visualarts #museumpractice #youngarts #skillexchange