Funder: Federal – Infrastructure
Grant Background: The Journalist Fund Cadetship supports the provision of public interest journalism in regional Australia. The objective for this stream of the Journalist Fund is to support regional media organisations to hire new cadet journalists. A subsequent training stream will be released focusing on upskilling existing regional journalists.
$ Available: Up to $8million.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a grant under this Grant Opportunity you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- be an eligible regional media organisation
- be located in a regional area of Australia
- provide core news content to local communities, including the production and distribution of local news
- have an annual average turnover of more than $150,000, but less than $30 million, for the three years prior to the lodgement of the application.
- corporation incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006,with media content distribution as a primary purpose.
Key Dates: Closes on April 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#journalism #cadetships #publicinteresthournalism #regionalnews #regionalmedia #newjournalists #localnews #localcontent #upskilling #journalismtraining