Funder: National Disability Insurance Agency
Grant Background: The Australian Government is inviting applications via an open competitive process to apply to deliver ILC grant activities under Outcome 1.2 – Community Inclusion and Capacity Development Grants nationally for up to three years from 2019-20.
It is the aim of this MCB grant round to fund activities that will enable:
- people with disability to use and benefit from the same mainstream health services as everyone else
- improved access and utilisation of mainstream health services where mainstream supports available.
Mainstream Capacity Building (MCB) – these are activities that build the capacity of mainstream organisations (in this case Health organisations), by making sure they have the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of people with disability.
The intended outcomes of the MCB activities are:
- increased understanding of mainstream personnel about disability and inclusion
- improved inclusive, relevant, high quality health services
- improved individual attitudes and service culture in the health service system
The NDIA encourages applications that focus on these ‘ILC Priority Cohort Groups’:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- CALD communities
- LGBTIQA+ Cohorts
- Rural/Remote communities.
$ Available: Minimum funding amount that applicants can apply for is $100,000 per year (or $300,000 over three years). Maximum funding amount that applicants can apply for is $750,000 per year (or $2.250 million over three years).
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- Local Government
Additional eligibility requirements – Applications will only be accepted from applicants that:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to obtain one prior to the execution of the grant agreement
- are registered, or willing to register for the purposes of GST if their income turnover, as a result of a successful grant, will exceed the thresholds defined by the Australian Tax Office
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- have Public Liability Insurance coverage for the duration of the project
(Note: applicants may be asked for a copy of their have Public Liability Insurance).
Key Dates: closes 21 October 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#disability #information #accessandequity #support #capacitybuilding